Iran tells US to ‘stop dreaming’ of extended arms embargo
Posted on
DefenceTalkTehran on Monday told Washington to “stop dreaming” after it was reported that the US plans to prevent the expiry of an international embargo on arms sales to Iran. The New York Times reported that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo “is preparing a legal argument that the United States remains a participant in the […]https://www.defencetalk.com/iran-tells-us-to-stop-dreaming-of-extended-arms-embargo-75295/
Iran Guards chief vows ‘decisive response’ after Trump threat
Posted on
DefenceTalkIran’s Revolutionary Guards chief on Thursday warned the US of a “decisive response” after President Donald Trump said he ordered the US Navy to destroy Iranian boats that harass American ships in the Gulf. Iran and the United States have appeared to be on the brink of an all-out confrontation twice in the past year. […]https://www.defencetalk.com/iran-guards-chief-vows-decisive-response-after-trump-threat-75253/
US Defense Officials Express Agreement with President’s Warning to Iran
Posted on
DefenceTalkDefense Department officials are in full agreement with President Donald J. Trump’s warning to the Iranian regime on Twitter, senior Pentagon officials said today. “The president issued an important warning to the Iranians,” Deputy Defense Secretary David L. Norquist said during a Pentagon news conference today. “What he was emphasizing is all of our ships […]https://www.defencetalk.com/us-defense-officials-express-agreement-with-presidents-warning-to-iran-75235/
Guards say Iran successfully launches first military satellite
Posted on
DefenceTalkIran’s Revolutionary Guards announced they had successfully launched the country’s first military satellite on Wednesday, at a time of fresh tensions with US forces in the Gulf. The United States alleges Iran’s satellite program is a cover for its development of missiles, while the Islamic republic has previously insisted its aerospace activities comply with its […]https://www.defencetalk.com/guards-say-iran-successfully-launches-first-military-satellite-75225/
Trump warns Iran of ‘heavy price’ in case of attack on US troops
Posted on
DefenceTalkPresident Donald Trump warned Iran on Wednesday of a “heavy price” if it or its allies in Iraq attack US troops stationed there. “We don’t want hostility, but if they are hostile to us, they’re going to regret it like they’ve never regretted anything before,” he said of Iran at a White House press briefing […]https://www.defencetalk.com/trump-warns-iran-of-heavy-price-in-case-of-attack-on-us-troops-75036/
Iran nuclear deal commission meets to try to save accord
Posted on
DefenceTalkThe remaining parties to the faltering Iran nuclear deal will meet in Vienna on Wednesday in their first gathering after Britain, France and Germany launched a dispute process over Tehran’s successive pullbacks. The meeting comes as the parties try to find a way to save the landmark 2015 agreement, which has been crumbling since the […]https://www.defencetalk.com/iran-nuclear-deal-commission-meets-to-try-to-save-accord-74274/
Number of US troops wounded in Iran attack now at 110: Pentagon
Posted on
DefenceTalkThe number of US troops who sustained traumatic brain injury when Iran launched missiles at their base in Iraq last month has risen to 110, the Pentagon said Friday. The figure is one higher than the last toll, which was announced on February 10. All of the wounded were diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury, […]https://www.defencetalk.com/number-of-us-troops-wounded-in-iran-attack-now-at-110-pentagon-74201/
Saudi jet ‘downing’ in Yemen stirs alarm over Huthi weaponry
Posted on
Claims that Yemeni rebels shot down a Saudi warplane have spotlighted the increasingly potent Huthi arsenal — cause for alarm in Riyadh as fighting escalates amid faltering efforts to end the five-year conflict. The Iran-aligned Huthi rebels said they downed the Tornado aircraft on Friday over the volatile northern province of Al-Jawf, in a setback […]
Iran denies satellite program has military dimension
Posted on
Iran’s government on Wednesday rejected US allegations that the Islamic republic’s satellite programme has a military dimension, days after the failed launch of its latest satellite. “The subject of satellite launch vehicles and satellites is a civilian matter,” Defence Minister Amir Hatami was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA. “We could use a […]
US accuses Iran of building missiles through satellite bid
Posted on
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday accused Iran of honing its ballistic missile skills through a satellite launch and vowed to exert more pressure. Iran, which is enemy number one for President Donald Trump’s administration, said Sunday that it had successfully launched a satellite but that it failed to reach orbit. Pompeo said […]